NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
The Promethean 2019 UK & Ireland Classroom Story Program (the “Classroom Story Program”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). These Official Rules supersede and replace any previously published Classroom Story Program Official Rules that may have been applicable during the Classroom Story Program Period described herein. By participating, all individuals submitting an Entry into the Classroom Story Program (“Entrant” or “Entrants”) agree to these Official Rules. The Classroom Story Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland and where prohibited by law.
Classroom Story Program Name and Purpose: This is the Promethean 2019 UK & Ireland Classroom Story Program (the “Classroom Story Program”). The purpose of this Classroom Story Program is to encourage educators to share their classroom stories and experiences for the purposes of aiding others interested in education.
Classroom Story Program Sponsor: Promethean Limited, located at Promethean House, Lower Philips Road, Blackburn, Lancashire UK BB1 5TH, is the “Sponsor” of this Classroom Story Program.
Classroom Story Program Periods: Submissions for the Classroom Story Program open on September 22, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. BST and close on November 2019 at 11:59 p.m. BST. Voting for the Classroom Story Program will take place from November 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. BST and close on December 6, 2019 at 11.59pm BST. The winners will be announced publicly once contact has been established with the winners, which will be week commencing December 9, 2019.
A qualifying submission is (1) any social media post with the #ClassroomStory hashtag that includes a story or (2) an email sent to email@example.com that includes a story or (3) any story uploaded via the form function on the Classroom Story website www.classroomstory.co.uk.
An official entry is a qualifying submission that has been selected by Promethean judges, selected at Promethean’s sole discretion, and is then added to the voting section of the Classroom Story website. Promethean will not post an official entry to the voting section until Promethean contacts the entrant via e-mail, which will include the terms and conditions of the Classroom Story Program, and the entrant confirms acceptance of these Official Rules via reply email. Each submission shall be evaluated by Promethean judges based upon the following equally weighted criteria: the creativity, energy, or enthusiasm exhibited in the video to describe the Classroom story or experience; the uniqueness of the Classroom story or experience; and the potential benefit to other educators of the Classroom story or experience.
Classroom Story Winners will be contacted within thirty (30) days of each program closing date by email (the “Notification Email”) sent by Sponsor to the email address provided by the Eligible Entrant during the entry submission process.
Up to 5 Promethean ActivPanels will be provided in each period, one for each official entrant that receives the most votes on the Classroom Story website.
Who May Enter: Except as otherwise provided herein, this Classroom Story Program is open to individual schools, school districts or educational establishments located within the United Kingdom and Ireland that meet the Classroom Story Program eligibility requirements and comply with these Official Rules (“Eligible Entrants”).
The following classes of persons are NOT eligible to participate in this Classroom Story Program:
(1) individuals, (2) entities or organisations that are not schools, (3) any person, entity or organisation that is located outside of the United Kingdom or Ireland, or (4) Sponsor and each of the employees, officers, and directors of the Classroom Story Sponsor and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this Classroom Story Program (collectively, “Released Parties”).
How to Enter: To submit an entry into this Classroom Story Program, each Eligible Entrant has three ways to enter, during each of the Classroom Story Program Periods discussed above:
- Submit a classroom story as a post on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn that includes the hashtag – #ClassroomStory, or
- Directly respond to a #ClassroomStory post from Promethean, or
- Send a classroom story to Promethean via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Upload your story via the classroom story website www.classroomstory.co.uk using the form functionality
Following submission of an Eligible Entry, Promethean will contact eligible entrants to request the following information: (1) your first name and last name, email address, and phone number, and (2) the name of the School that you represent. For the purposes of these Official Rules, you are a School Representative and any Entry that you submit shall be submitted on behalf of your school. Your school shall be the official Classroom Story Program Entrant and any prize awarded shall be awarded to the Entrant (your school).
No Cost to Participate; Multiple Applications Allowed: There is no cost or charge to submit an Entry into the Classroom Story Program. Eligible Entrants may enter as many individual entries as desired. However, a single school is eligible to receive only one (1) Award and no single school will receive more than one (1) Award irrespective of the number of entries into the Classroom Story Program. For purposes of clarification, if an Eligible Entrant submits one (1) Entry, and if the Eligible Entrant entry is determined by the Sponsor as an Award winner, the Eligible Entrant (school) will receive one (1) re-conditioned ActivPanel. As another example, if an Eligible Entrant submits multiple individual entries, only the Eligible Entrant’s entry with the most “likes” as determined by the Sponsor will be eligible to receive an Award.
Classroom Story Program-Entry Requirements:
- Each Entrant grants to the Sponsor, and any company controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the Sponsor, a non-exclusive, world-wide royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, display, and otherwise exploit each Entry that the Entrant submits into this Classroom Story Program, or any part thereof, throughout the world in any media (including on the Sponsor’s website or in any video or electronic communication form, and in any printed publications), whether now known or hereafter created regardless of whether the Entry is a Classroom Story Program Winner.
- Each Entry submitted into this Classroom Story Program must be an original work and shall not include (i) any content that the Entrant does not have all rights necessary to grant the License to the Sponsor described herein, or (ii) images of individuals that the Entrant does not have the right and consent of the appropriate party to use for all purposes contemplated within these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry submitted into this Classroom Story Program that, in the Sponsor’s opinion, refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively on the Sponsor or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these Official Rules.
Classroom Story Winner Selection: Winners will be determined by the number of likes an official entry receives once it is posted to the voting section of the Classroom Story website. Shares and likes on shares on any other posts at any other location will not be counted.
Classroom Story Award: The Classroom Story Program Award is one (1) re-conditioned Promethean ActivPanel in AS-IS condition, with no warranty, delivered to the location of the Eligible Entrant (the school). The Sponsor may award up to Five (5) Classroom Story Program Awards in each Classroom Story Period, however, each Entrant may only win one award.
No alternative prize(s) may be requested, although Promethean reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) if necessary. There is no cash alternative, and the prize cannot be transferred to any other person or school. Neither the Classroom Story Program Award Winner nor the School Representative for the Classroom Story Program Award Winner may substitute, exchange, or apply the Classroom Story Program Award value (the value of the Promethean ActivPanel) towards a higher cost or any alternative award or prize.
Classroom Story Program Winner Requirements: The Classroom Story Program Award Winner must respond to the Notification Email sent by the Sponsor within fifteen (15) business days of the date that Sponsor sends the Notification Email. If the Classroom Story Program Award Winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s Notification Email within fifteen (15) business days, the Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Classroom Story Program Award entitlement, and the Sponsor is not required to select an alternate Classroom Story Program Award Winner, in which case the Classroom Story Program Award will be forfeited. The Sponsor will not be responsible for emails blocked by the Classroom Story Program Award Winner’s email filter or spam control tool or for the Classroom Story Program Award Winner’s failure to reply in a timely manner to the Winner Notification Email provided by the Sponsor.
In the event there is no Eligible Applicant that wins a Classroom Story Program Award identified in these Official Rules, the applicable Classroom Story Program Award will not be awarded and shall be retained by the Sponsor.
Classroom Story Award Claim Procedures for Classroom Story Program Winners:
- All Classroom Story Program Award claims are subject to approval and verification by the Sponsor. Failure to comply with any terms or conditions of these Official Rules shall render any potential winner ineligible to claim any Classroom Story Program Award, and the Sponsor shall be released of and from any and all liability with respect to any claim asserted by any Entrant, potential Classroom Story Program Award Winner, or Classroom Story Program Award Winner.
- The recipient of any Classroom Story Program Award may be required to provide the Sponsor with the recipient’s tax identification number or other information as may be required to comply with applicable tax filing or other governmental filing requirements.
- The recipient of any Classroom Story Program Award is solely responsible for any and all charges or fees that may be associated with the Classroom Story Program Award or delivery of the Classroom Story Program Award to include but not be limited to income, value-added (VAT) or other taxes, customs duties or other similar charges. In addition, any charges for installation of the Classroom Story Program Award shall be the responsibility of the Classroom Story Program Award Winner.
Classroom Story Program Conditions: The conditions of every Classroom Story Program Award include the obligations and undertakings of the Classroom Story Program Award Winner to arrange with the Sponsor a mutually convenient time, within ninety (90) days of the date of receipt of the Classroom Story Program Award Winner Notification Email, for the delivery of the Award.
Additional Rules and Restrictions: By participating, each Entrant agrees to hold all Released Parties harmless from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental, or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses, or expenses arising out of or relating to Entrant’s participation in this Classroom Story Program, or the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any Classroom Story Program Award, or participation in award-related activities (including but not limited to travel or activity related thereto), and to assume all liability therefore. Released Parties shall not be liable to any Classroom Story Program Award Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Classroom Story Program Award or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or applications by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ sole control.
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or terminate this Classroom Story Program if, in the opinion of the Sponsor, fraud, misconduct, or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of the Classroom Story Program, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Classroom Story Program. In the event of early termination of the Classroom Story Program, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine the potential Classroom Story Winner or Classroom Story Winners from among all eligible entries properly submitted as of the date and time of such termination.
If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, any event associated with this Classroom Story Program or any Classroom Story Program Award is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Classroom Story Program, and shall not be required to provide any Classroom Story Program Award or any substitute Classroom Story Program award or prize.
Decisions of the Sponsor in all matters related to this Classroom Story Program are final.
In Case of Disputes: By participating, each Entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Classroom Story Program shall be resolved individually without resorting to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with submitting any entry or participating in this Classroom Story Program, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each individual Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction or interpretation of these Official Rules, the validity or enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of each Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Classroom Story Program shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Privacy: By participating in this Classroom Story Program, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor may collect the name, email address and telephone number of the person submitting the Entry on behalf of the Eligible Entrant (School), and any other information that the Sponsor deems reasonable, necessary and appropriate to collect. The Sponsor may use this information to administer this Classroom Story Program and for all other lawful purposes including contacting the Entrant with additional information about Sponsor’s products and services.
Entrants can contact the Sponsor or otherwise communicate privacy concerns by:
- Emailing the Sponsor at email@example.com; or
- Writing to the Sponsor at the following address: Promethean Limited, c/o Privacy Officer, Promethean House, Lower Philips Road, Blackburn, Lancashire UK BB1 5TH. Please include your email address and phone number with your correspondence along with the information needed to support your application.
Information Request: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Promethean Limited, Attention: Classroom Story Program, Promethean House, Lower Philips Road, Blackburn, Lancashire UK BB1 5TH. Please specify any specific information you are requesting. Requests for information regarding these Official Rules or Classroom Story Program Award Winners must be received by 31 December 2019.